Sunday, February 5, 2012

Knight's Ferry

First race of the season.  Slept in, drove out with Brasel, beautiful weather.  The field was a little too small, but that just meant no obsessing over points.  It was shaping up to be a perfect first race of the season.  Brasel did a ton of work on the front and ended up with a 6th place finish.  I would have been happy to follow his promised lead out, but I flatted about a third of the way through.  I threw some CO2 in the front tire and tried to chase back on, but I was suffering a slow leak.  Pretty disappointing :(

Hopefully I was able to get my "mechanicals" out of the way.  I wanted to be more upset, but honestly I did 17 races last year without incident, so I can't complain.  Quite a few people were getting flats and at least mine didn't lead to a crash.  Plus, I'll get to work out my aggression next Saturday at the Folsom Crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment